While skirting boards are used to cover the join where an internal wall meets the floor, architraves are often fitted around entranceways as a decorative border to conceal the join. Both Skirting and architrave boards are becoming a necessary inclusion for any doorways and floors. These decorative accessories discreetly disguise any uneven edges to provide a professional finish. However, due to the different designs and types available on the market, choosing the right skirting boards from mdfskirtingworld.co.uk can prove to be uphill. For you to maintain a consistent look from floor to ceiling, you need to explore all the popular styles and color options. Doing this will help you achieve an appealing finish.
Table of Contents
Benefits of installing Skirting boards
Installing the right architrave door can add to the overall texture and style of your doors. Unlike other materials, architraves are crafted from high-quality MDF. The main function of skirting is to protect the wall from damage; it can also be used to provide a neat finish to your room and door. Here are the benefits of installing skirting boards.
- Preventing damage
- Modern architraves are simple
- Covering blemishes or wiring
- Architrave adds style and texture to your doors.
- Easy to install and low maintenance
- The architrave also shields door frames from bumps and knocks.
- Made from high-quality MDF
Factors to Consider When Buying Skirting Boards
Although their main purpose is decorative, skirting boards are also purposed to protect walls from wear and tear caused by shoes knocking into the paintwork. Well-installed skirting boards can help you disguise any floor unevenness. Due to the importance attached to this kind of board, there is a need to choose the right product. Here are the main factors to think about when buying skirting boards:
- The height of the ceilings: It is important to consider the height of the ceilings in your home when selecting skirting boards. You will want to choose a skirting board that reaches from floor to ceiling without having to leave any space uncovered.
- The type of room: The type of room you’re buying skirting boards for will affect how you decide which ones to buy. For homeowners who have children or pets, it is important to choose more durable options that can withstand daily knocks and scrapes from kids’ dogs running and jumping all over the place.
- Conduct In-depth Research: Doing is the important thing to do when purchasing your skirting boards. It ensures that the option you are choosing will fit the room or the property you want to work on. Research is also important when it comes to determining the amount of money you intend to spend on skirting boards. As a result, this will help you properly budget for the products that will be enough for your home interior design.
- The quality of the skirting board: It is always important to confirm the originality of the skirting board before buying one. Do your research to ensure that the store is legit. You can also establish the legitimacy of a company by reading comments from previous customers. The rule of thumb is that a good company will most likely offer better-quality products.
Main types of Skirting Boards
The bases of the walls can be vulnerable since they are exposed to daily wear and tear. The type of traffic the base of the wall is exposed to can cause scuff marks and other damage. In many cases, skirting boards usually act as a barrier that prevents the plaster from breaking and also covers the gap between the bottom of a wall and the floor. Skirting boards come in different designs and shapes. Below are some commonly used boards in most homes. Explore them and choose the one that best suits your needs.
- Pencil Round Skirting Boards
Pencil round skirting boards are often used to conceal expansion gaps and neaten the edges of plasterwork, especially on a newly plastered wall or floor. The curved top section is best suited to contemporary styles. Pencil Round Skirting Boards also come in a different version, including the primed version, made from moisture-resistant material, as well as the wood-effect version. With this version, you can varnish or stain for a bespoke finish. Since Pencil Round Skirting Boards come in different heights, they can suit individual tastes.
- Torus Skirting Boards
Torus skirting boards are one of the most popular types with a classic design. The discreet curves and ageless style help it fit any interior. This type of skirting is known to neaten up exposed plasterboard to a flawless finish. It also protects the walls from wear and tear. The best part of torus skirting is that most of them are primed, hence ready for painting. For instance, torus MDF skirting boards are designed with moisture-resistant treatment. This feature prevents the board from warping and splitting as time goes on. Lastly, Torus Skirting Boards come in different heights to accommodate different ceiling heights.
- White Skirting Boards
White skirting boards are best used in contemporary homes to create a border that spans the room, especially where the wall meets the floor. The resulting shade lends itself well to smaller areas. This is true because it keeps the space looking clean and spacious. White skirting boards can be used to conceal expansion gaps and other exposed plasterboards. Most of them have also been treated with a moisture-resistant treatment to suit different environmental conditions. Lastly, different heights and sizes are also available to fit any given layout.
With many profiles, picking the right skirting boards and architraves from mdfskirtingworld.co.uk is a worthwhile decision. You need to make the right decisions so you can be confident you are creating a beautiful interior. First of all, you have to decide what style you are looking to create to determine the profile of the board to choose. Choosing the right skirting boards can help you protect your walls from daily kicks and scrapes, especially in a busy household. Whether it is skirting or architrave, installing the board is a great way to add subtle style to a room. The boards are also moisture-resistant to ensure long-lasting use.